development – digital arts – internet
Knowledge is free. No one may take possession of it.
Note: Next release of version 0.2 with lots of new features is announcedth 2011 (sorry for delay)
Slick Slideshow is a highly customizable, but easy-to-use JQuery Slideshow Plugin for WordPress, to show dynamic images or contents on your website. Inspired by a tutorial from sixrevisions.com, we adapted the extended work from Blog Monnet USA. Our part was finally to create a WordPress-Plugin from that, which we were not able to find in the codex this way.
- All Styles, Animation Parameters and Contents are customizable easily over the backend
- Can use Image URLs (unexperienced users) or custom HTML (experienced Users)
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict, Valid CSS 2
- Compatibility to other JQuery WordPress Plugins (you can use a Lightbox like Colorbox for example for images in the Slideshow)
- Fast and efficient
- Does not require extra-tables in your database (actually this might be required one day, but currently everything works fine)
- GPLv2 licensed as it is a requirement of the WordPress Codex (donations for the efforts and further development are fair and welcome)
Download & Donate
Installation1. Upload the "slick-slideshow" directory in wp-content/plugins/ or use the the WordPress auto-installer for plugins. 2. Activate the Plugin through the Plugins page. 3. Embed the slick slideshow by either pasting the shorttag (remove whitespace)
[ slick_slideshow ]
into the content of a post or page or just call
slick_slideshow();from any position inside your theme.
4.Go to Settings->Slick Slideshow to style and customize your Slideshow in any way!
Current Feature Requests
- add advanced navigation possibilities between slides
- add possibility to navigate through a set of Buttons / Thumbnails
- add possibility to fade slides (not just scrolling)
- add possibility to create more than one and categorize by ids
Changelog== 1.1.2 ==
Initial Release for the Plugin directory.
Enjoy the Plugin, be free to comment. You also can write Bug or Feature Requests as a comment or send and E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.