development – digital arts – internet
Knowledge is free. No one may take possession of it.
A little bit of advertising for my new Plugin "Simple User Locking" which I have just released to the WordPress plugin repository. It has just passed the security audit by the WordPress plugin team and is not publicly available and free for everybody: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-user-locking/
This is its description:
Prevent users from logging into your WordPress installation for a certain timeframe or permanently. Works also great with the multisite user management area. The locked users are easily manageable within the users overview page. The settings are within the user edit pages. No user can lock himself. No user with a lower role can lock a higher user and administrators in a network can not lock super administrators. If a user is locked, he is instantly logged out of any session until the lock expires or is removed.
No useless overhead, no ads. Just a tiny, but very effective plugin to keep your website secure.
- you do not want to delete a user, but you want to make sure he can not access the site (at least for a certain timeframe)
- an employee leaves your company and access should be removed, but you want to keep his user as an author in the system
- you want to punish a certain user which did bad things for a certain timeframe
- you want only few persons to have access to your WordPress site in order to minimize risk of incidents
- ... or maybe some other use case
Would be great to hear whatever feedback or improvement ideas 😉
Dieser Eintrag wurde am 4. July 2019 um 15:15 in der Kategorie Plugins, Web Development, WordPress veröffentlicht. You can book the comments for this article RSS 2.0. Feedback, discussion, commendation and critics are welcome: Write a comment or trackback.